How To Create Data Validation Rules
This rule type should be used for any scenarios that require validating the data for accuracy. Creating a data validation rule will cause the error message to be added to the list of errors in the workflow and highlight any fields you choose in red on input forms.
To access the rule editor, control-right-click an existing rule or click on the gear cog in the upper right hand corner of the workflow form window.
In the Workflow Configuration, select the "Data Validation (Field Data Entry)" business rule type and hit the "new" icon or open an existing rule to edit.
Select What Loans The Rule Will Apply To
Select the appropriate loan channels
Set The Conditions
Create the logic for the problem scenario by using advanced conditions.
Choose “Yes - Apply this rule only if”, select “Advanced Conditions” in the dropdown and use the Encompass native “AdvancedCondition Editor” to create your logic.
Detailed information on how to write advanced conditions can be found here
Select the field(s) to Highlight
Use the "Add" function to select any fields that you would like to highlight in red when the error is present.
Select The Workflow
You can apply the rule to "All Workflows" or a single specific workflow of your choice.
Select Custom Configuration Points
- MI Type - Error - the user will be stopped from completing the workflow and the message will show up in red. Warning - the user will not be stopped from completing the workflow and the message will show up in black.
- MI Description - this will show up in the list of items to resolve on the bottom left of the workflow screen.
- MI Hover Text - this will be displayed as hover text when the user hovers over the error or the highlighted field(s).
- MI Goto Form - this will be where the user is directed when they double-click the rule, if left blank, the user will not be directed anywhere.
- MI Goto FieldID - this will direct the user to a specific field on the form selected above - the field will highlight.
- Go to ControlID - this can be used to direct the user to a specific field on the form selected above, if there are multiple instances of the same field present on the form. (optional)
Comments can be added to your rule, if desired. However, DO NOT add any comments below the workflow config, starting with this callout “### MI WORKFLOW CONFIG - DO NOT CHANGE BELOW ###”
Once ready SAVE your rule, and DO NOT ACTIVATE it unless you would like it to be applied outside of workflow.
Example User Experience
Example Configuration For Pop-Up
Example Configuration For ExecAction
At the time of writing this, the list of ExecAction(s) can be found in Appendix B of the guide located here