SSN's can be changed on any Encompass form and the plugin will update in Blend accordingly.
For the most part, the user won't notice anything different, however, there are a few scenarios that the MI Blend integration will alert the user for.
Regardless if a borrower is or will ever be invited to Blend, SSNs can't be duplicated on a loan. The integration will alert the user with error below and revert the SSN that was just changed back to its original value.
If a loan has a pending request from one of the following below, refer to the SSN edit support via integration screen tab for guidance on determining when the request has been processed
- Existing request when loan was opened
- SSN was changed and the loan subsequently saved which auto created the request
If a borrower that has been invited to Blend has the SSN removed, the following confirmation will be shown.
- Yes is clicked
- SSN is removed. If SSN isn't added to another borrower, then when the loan is saved, the integration will remove the borrower from the loan in Blend
- No is clicked
- SSN that was just changed will be set to its original value
Editing a borrower's SSN after obtaining eConsent must be done on the integration screen.
- Click the edit icon for the borrower you wish to change
- Update the SSN and click the save icon
- Click 'Submit'
- Click 'OK'
- Exit the loan or enter Watch Mode so that the request may be processed.
While in watch mode you can 'Refresh Log' until you see "Processed SSN change request"